Nils Larsson spent the week of May 4 to 8 in the Universidad Catolica San Pablo (UCSP) in Arequipa Peru, leading a workshop on SBTool, followed by a public lecture on more general SB issues. The workshop was part of a relatively large research project in Peruvian terms, and will include the development of a web-based Spanish-language version of the system.
Attached below are the most recent SBTool working and descriptive files, for:
- site assessment
- mini project
- mid-size project
a pdf with an overview of the updated system, and the user guide.
We look forward to your feedback on SBTool 2016.
- SBTool is a generic framework for rating the sustainable performance of buildings and projects. It may also be thought of as a toolkit that assists local organizations to develop local SBTool rating systems;
- SBTool can be used by authorized third parties to establish adapted SBTool versions as rating systems to suit their own regions and building types;
- It can also be used by owners and managers of large building portfolios, to express in a very detailed way their own sustainability requirements to their internal staff or as briefing material for competitions;
- The system covers a wide range of sustainable building issues, not just green building concerns, but the scope of the system can be modified to be as narrow or as broad as desired, ranging from 100+ criteria to half a dozen;
- SBTool takes into account region-specific and site-specific context factors, and these are used to switch off or reduce certain weights, as well as providing background information for all parties;
- Weighting is at one level and can be partly modified by authorized third parties;
- The system is set up to allow easy insertion of local criteria and/or language;
- It includes IDP process steps;
- It handles all four major phases;
- new and renovation projects or a mix;
- up to five occupancy types in a single project;
- handles buildings up to 100 floors in height;
- provides relative and absolute outputs;
Please find below SBTool 07 and related documentation.
to be added