As part of the on-going SBE Conference series, CIB, iiSBE, UNEP-SBCI and FIDIC, invite non-binding Expression of Interest (EOI) for the holding of national or regional conferences on sustainable built environment to be held in 2016. We welcome expressions of interest that include support from major professional or research-oriented organizations in the country or region.
We attach a short document that provides background on the series. You will also find attached a complete Request for Proposals (RFP) file for the SBE16 events. The RFP is provided in order to fully explain the background and purpose of the conference series, and to provide guidance for detailed proposals, including the obligations of both parties to an eventual agreement. Please note that you should NOT respond to the RFP unless and until your EOI has been accepted and you have been notified.
Please note that the EOI for a single SBE17 Global Sustainable Built Environment Conference has already been issued, and a single proponent will be selected for that event by June 30, 2014.
Your EOI can consist of a brief covering e-mail and a completed version of the attached EOI form. Please note that you should change the name of the EOI Response file to identify yourself or your conference.
Please note that (unlike the election process for the global SBE 17 event) this is not a competitive process, but that the four international co-promoter organizations will screen the EOIs submitted to ensure that there is a credible proponent and that the proposed events are not likely to be in direct conflict with each other in timing or location.
Key dates for the selection process:
• The target date for submitting a non-binding EOI is 23 May 2014.
• If your EOI was submitted by the above date and is accepted, you will be informed by 06 June 2014.
• If your EOI is accepted, a detailed proposal will be due by 15 September 2014. Note that, depending on the number, locations and dates of EOIs accepted, the organizers reserve the right to add more SBE 16 events after this date, on a negotiated basis.
• If your proposal is accepted, you will be notified by 17 October 2014.
• The selected proposals will be publicly announced at the Barcelona World Sustainable Building Conference during 28-30 October 2014.
Kindly submit your EOI for a national or regional SBE conference in 2016 to Mr. Nils Larsson, who represents the four international co-promoters in this process.
|4 files for SBE 16 EOI and RFP.zip||1.11 MB|